Happy New Year, everyone! I think the general consensus is that the world is glad 2016 (which will now be referred to as The-Year-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named) is over.
Photos by Stephanie Stein Photography
Although if I’m being honest, I can’t say it was all bad. In fact, some really incredible developments happened on Cats in My Closet:
- I doubled my readership, bringing in over 200 unique visitors monthly and boasting close to 1,000 followers on Instagram
- I met Stephanie, who really helped me improve photo quality on my blog (and we have some fun projects in the works for 2017!)
- My girl Victoria designed a killer logo, which has steadily established my credibility as a brand
- I’ve partnered with several businesses, including Dandy Boutique and Melonhopper
- I styled my first editorial shoot as fashion stylist
- I established Cats in My Closet as an LLC (!!), so I’m technically a small business owner! Isn’t that crazy?!
Based on the growth I’ve experienced in such a short time, I’m really looking forward to what 2017 has to offer. Even though Stephanie and I technically shot these photos in 2016, it felt like an appropriate post to ring in 2017, because this photo set is soooo beautiful. One of my goals on the blog is to really push the boundaries to what we can bring visually; as much as I love outfit posts, sometimes they can get pretty redundant or stale, so Stephanie had an amazing idea to shoot through her Holes Eyewear Kaleidoscope Glasses to create a dreamy effect. The results really speak for themselves, and I’m encouraged to pursue more unconventional photo practices for future posts.
Jumpsuit & boots – Urban Outfitters
Fur coat – Red Rose Vintage
‘Til next time, kittens!